Thursday, September 27, 2007

Proud Papa Photo Collection

In a previous post I promised photos of yesterday's adoption finalization at Rutherford County Chancery Court in Murfreesboro. I have some of them below, along with other photos taken this week. If all this "Look at my cute kid" picture posting is too much for my unsentimental readers, I will fully understand if you go on to another post. For those willing to see the coolest kid in the Western Hemisphere (biased, Evans?), gaze on! I apologize in advance for the lighting and other photographic issues, but these are family snaps, not professional shots.


Family members (L to R) attending the court proceedings were my brother Jack, Ann, Katie, myself, my mother Anne and father Comer.


Family members with Chancellor Robert Corlew (standing to my right) and our attorney David Scott (next to my father).


This was taken moments after David came out of the Rutherford County Chancery Court Clerk's office with a copy of the final adoption decree (which I'm holding in my hand).


Katie with the official "Katie Adoption Cake"!


Katie with one of her friends at the skating rink!


A pair of skating pals!


"From Russia, now skating for the United States..."


"What grace, what form, as she glides around the rink..."


Katie with Miss Natchez, who appears to be doing an ad for Office Depot paper products...


Katie with the normally-not-so-unaware-of-the-camera Oreo...


Katie (modeling her Metro Schools Standard Attire) with Bentley, the Earl of Puppydom (who's in full bark mode here)...


That's our happy-go-lucky girl!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! We are so happy for you and Ann and Katie.
With love,
Aunt Martha

Sasha Anawalt said...

Dear Evans,
It's so great to see your wife and your daughter. My first glimpse of both (and of your brother, mother and father). You have so much love in your heart. You are such an amazing person and I am thrilled to see you surrounded with all that you deserve. I hope your lives together are as glorious as the idealism you project, which is infectious. Congratulations! and love,
Sasha

Leonard Jacobs said...

Evans,

I can't tell you how happy I am for you and Ann. Those photos are just spectacular -- you're all just beaming -- even the judge!

Leonard J.

Carlita said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!

I know this must have been one of the happiest days for the DONNELL family!

YAHOOOOOO!

Carla

ArloA said...

Great photos, Donnell Family! You have every right to be very proud of that beautiful, charismatic, talented little girl! Can't wait to meet her in person! Enjoy! xox=Denice

John Eaton said...

grats!


You have a smile that shows fatherhood. I know you will enjoy your new family; and look forward to seeing you all soon.


John

Colby said...

Congrats, Evans! Hope we get to see more photos of that smile even after the teeth come in!

Colby

Anonymous said...

Evans,
She is BEAUTIFUL and looks so happy! I'm thrilled for you and your wife. What a beautiful family. Thank you for sending this.

Alice Raver