Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sharon Gentry Wins!

I'm so happy the folks in District 1 could care less about all the blogosphere silliness concerning Chamber of Commerce machinations and running for public office as a new mother. They wanted an intelligent and well-qualified person - who has business savvy and a doctorate of education - to represent them on the Metro Nashville Public Schools Board of Education.

Sharon Gentry will make a terrific addition to that board. Yes, I'm biased given my association with the Gentry family, but it still doesn't change the fact that she was the best qualified candidate in District 1. The voters there obviously agreed.

I'm also glad that Alan Coverstone has won in District 9. We need more people like Sharon and Alan overseeing our system. I know the state is taking more and more control because of the federal "No Child Left Behind" statute but for now our local voice is in better hands than it was before this election.

No comments: